Monday 9 April 2012

why say goodbye to someone who had you at hello?

my heart can't possibly break when it wasn't even whole to start with.


it means little to you but the world to me.

wanting you happy was always more important than just wanting you.

 i hope you're as happy as you're pretending.
my only regrets are that i couldn't give you enough reason to stay.

i didn't know if you knew, so i'm taking this chance to say, that i had the best days with you. and now i know why all the trees change in the fall, i know you were on my side, even when i was wrong.


"All I'd ever wanted was to forget. But even when I thought I had, pieces had kept emerging, like bits of wood floating up to the surface that only hint at the shipwreck below." 
- Sarah Dessen


i know it sounds silly but sometimes i listen to your favorite songs because now that you're gone, it's the only way i feel close to you.

i screamed every hurtful word that i could think of, and what killed me is that they didn't hurt you at all. you didn't care what i said, you never have.

i miss the past, and all the people who were apart of it. i miss the people who claimed to care about me, when deep down, i knew as well as them, that they didn't. i miss the way things used to be. it's a known fact, which i was aware of, but i didnt want to believe it, not like how i do now, i've finally realized; people always leave.

maybe i wish you'd tell me you love me.. but at the same time, i'm glad you don't. love only complicates things, and this is one thing i don't want to become complicated.

i don't want to remember you. because remembering you means you'll be gone. remembering means i won't have you in my life. i never want to have to remember you.

i don't hate you, i'm just disappointed you turned into everything you said you'd never be.




my theory was that if i kept my distance, maybe you would see what you're missing. you didn't.
you've only got three choices in life: give up, give in, or give it all you've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment